Who We Are
ABOUT PRECONCEPTION HEALTH AND
HEALTH CARE INITIATIVE (PCHHC)
- The five workgroups within the National Preconception Health and Health Care Initiative (PCHHC Consumer, Clinical, Policy & Finance, Surveillance & Research, and Public Health) are working to:
- Improve the knowledge, attitudes and behaviors of men and women related to preconception health
- All pregnancies are intended and planned
- Build health equity and eliminate disparities in birth outcomes
- Ensure that all women and men of reproductive age receive quality services that enable them to achieve high levels of wellness, minimize risks and enter any pregnancy they might have in optimal health
- Reduce risks among women who have had a prior adverse maternal, fetal or infant outcome through interventions during the postpartum / interconception period
All people of reproductive age will achieve optimal health and wellness, fostering a healthy life course for them and any children they may have.
Learn more on our site for health professionals, BeforeandBeyond.org.