WHAT IS A WELL VISIT?
A ‘Well Visit’ is an annual appointment with a health provider to check on a person’s physical and mental wellbeing and to prevent future health problems. Your insurer will likely call these “preventative visits”.
CLICK TO FIND WHAT TO EXPECT FROM A WELL VISIT, WHY THEY ARE CRITICAL TO YOUR HEALTH & LIFE PLAN, AND HOW YOU CAN SCHEDULE A VISIT – WITH OR WITHOUT INSURANCE.
On average, patients forget A LOT of the information provided during their visit. Here’s how you can organize your visit so you get the most out of your time with your health provider and remember what you’d like to ask and what was discussed during the visit:
- Great consumer piece on how to get organized for your doctor’s visit and make the most of that short time window: Be A Better Patient
- From the Partnership for Healthcare Excellence: What you can do to prepare for your doctor’s appointment.
- HealthCare.Gov: How to Find Low Cost Health Care in Your Community
- Navigating Medical Care Without Insurance
- How to Get Medical Help When You’re Uninsured
Most insurances cover Well Visits, but if you don’t have health insurance, what are your options?
Click below for information about how to navigate the insurance world and ACA.