Many people think that you only need to see a healthcare provider if you’re sick. Some people think that annual checkups are not necessary and skip them if they don’t have any health concerns. However, regular check-ups are important at every stage of life; they help you stay on top of your health and give you a chance to discuss any health changes, health goals, and/or concerns with your health provider. If you are seeing your health care provider regularly, you are more likely to catch problems early on and be taking charge of your health.
A lot can happen to our bodies in one year. Checking your stats and connecting with a health care provider annually is a good way to stay at the top of your game. Learn more about why annual preventative visits are important, what to expect/ask for before, during, and after a visit, and how you can access a health provider in your area.
- This chart will help you know what well-woman care you need at every stage of life.
- Read more about well woman visits here.
- Find LGBTQIA-friendly providers and resources here.
- This link will help you find a family planning clinic near you.
- Learn more how you can get the health care you need and what services are covered at CareWomenDeserve. This resource and campaign provides information about accessing the quality health care all people deserve.